Everything You Must Know About Pain Management
Pain is an unpleasant feeling that each one of us has experienced now and then. It is an indication of tissue injury or disease. There are many types of pain, ranging from acute to chronic. Therefore, we need to be aware of its management. Pain Management Clermont is a feature of medicine and health care that involves the relief of pain.
What does pain management include?
It includes a patient’s communication with their health professional about their problem. A patient’s problem is understood by asking them various questions by their health professionals regarding the point where they might be having pain, the intensity of the pain, the time when the pain started, etc. This helps the health professional to evaluate their patient’s problems and treat them with the best approach.
Pain Management team
There is a typical pain management team that has medical practitioners, pharmacists, physiotherapists, nurses, and dentists. They manage pain effectively with the best approach they know, and it gives the patient the time to understand their problems and knowledge to manage them.
Types of pain
There are different causes and types of pain, which are as follows.
1. Acute pain – It is a type of pain that starts suddenly and only lasts for a short period; its causes include surgery, cut, or a broken bone.
2. Chronic pain- Pain that persists for a longer time which can be due to diabetes, cancer, or back pain.
3. Bone pain – Pain or tenderness in the bone that can cause discomfort and can be due to any bone fracture or any bone disease.
4. Nerve pain- It is a pain caused by nerve damage. It can be sharp, shooting, and is due to inflammation.
5. Referred pain – It is a pain that is felt in a different location than where the damage has occurred, like in a heart attack; pain is felt in the neck, shoulder, or right arm.
How to know the type of pain
It is hard to know the type of pain one is experiencing. Adults can define their pain, but as far as children are concerned, they can not tell the intensity and type of pain they are feeling. Therefore to help them face the pain scale is where their facial expressions help to identify their problems and help us to manage effectively.
Ways to manage pain
Pharmacological treatment – This includes drugs and medicine which help in pain management.
No opioids like aspirin and NSAIDs. Weak opioids, combination opioids, strong opioids, etc.
Non Pharmacological treatment – yoga, surgery, acupressure, massage, exercises, diathermy, etc.
These approaches can be taken individually or together to treat pain. As medicine can relieve pain and exercise, it can help to make the process fast.
There are many ways of pain management, but all have their limitations and side effects, which can increase our problem rather than toning it down. Therefore to manage it effectively, one should visit a good healthcare provider and should follow their advice.